Occasionally I participate in things like meetups, conferences, workshops, and livestreams.
If you want me to speak at your event please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|January||26th||HarperDB Livestream||Build a REST API using Fastify with HarperDB|
|February||19th||Node Congress||Safely Handling Dynamic Data with TypeScript|
|March||24th - 26th||CityJS London||Diving into TypeScript - an Intermediate TypeScript Workshop|
|June||24th||OpenJS World||Applying Advanced TypeScript Definition Patterns|
|October||22nd||Prisma TypeScript Berlin Meetup||Advanced TypeScript Definition Patterns with Fastify|
Check out my GitHub (@Ethan-Arrowood)
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Graduated Cum Laude in August 2019 with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and an Applied Mathematics Minor.
Earned Presidential Award for Academic Excellence and Co-Curriculur Involvement in the Computer Science department. This annual award is granted to an individual student from each academic major. It recognizes not just excellence in the classroom, but also professional achievement and extra-curricular leadership.
Maintained Dean's List status for all full-time semesters demonstrating continuous academic distinction.
Member of Phi Sigma Pi (ΦΣΠ), a gender-inclusive, national honors fraternity that fosters three core principles: leadership, fellowship, and scholarship.
Additional Education Experience
Griffith UniversityGold Coast, Australia
Study abroad experience from February to June 2018. Studied computer science, government business relations, and international relations.
Marine Academy of Technology and Environmental Science (MATES)Manahawkin, New Jersey, USA
Graduated in June 2017 from MATES, a vocational highschool in Ocean County, New Jersey. The vocational program offered accelerated math and science tracks. Gained valuable knowledge from a diverse series of courses including Marine Biology, Oceanography, Environmental Science, Astronomy, and Geology.
MicrosoftBoston, Massachusetts, USA
Commercial Software Engineering
Software Engineer I from November 2019 to present
Software Engineering Intern from July 2018 to December 2018.
Work alongside Microsoft partners creating innovative solutions to solve their business challenges.
Notable Public Projects:
HealthEquip - Connecting individuals and organizations who have personal protective equipment (PPE) with the hospitals who need it most. Co-developed with Merit Solutions. Predominantly worked on the Vue web application.
Platform Chaos - a Node.js SDK for building services capable of injecting chaos into PaaS offerings.
GitHub Campus ExpertBoston, Massachusetts, USA
Taught students how to use Git and the GitHub platform.
Mentored individuals interested in contributing to open source projects.
Attended GitHub Universe 2018 in San Francisco, California on behalf of the program.
Accelerate Innovation and Entrepreneurship CenterBoston, Massachusetts, USA
Start Up Challenge
The program provides a platform for students to form interdisciplinary teams and nurture an idea they are passionate about.
Startup Challenge Participant
- Arrowood Registration Software
- Web application that streamlines registration process for programs such as summer camps and community organizations.
- Funded $2000 in 2016; shelved in late 2017 for lack of expertise and failure to produce a working prototype.
- Grants families supporting dementia patients the ability to share their special moment through the use of virtual reality videos.
- Well received in late 2017 pitch competitions; however, was later abandoned due to no clear prototype trajectory.
- Arrowood Registration Software
Startup Challenge Coach
- Taught and lead young entrepreneurs to solve problems in sustainable and innovative methods.
- Worked with a team of other coaches to build out a defined process for fostering participant success.
LeaderShape National InstituteDover, Massachusetts, USA
Attendee spring 2017
- Learned how to lead with integrity and facilitate change
- Embraced and ideated on challenges and solutions around diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
HackWITusBoston, Massachusetts, USA
Wentworth Insitute of Technology's premier student hackathon event with a mission to promote diversity and accessibility in our tech community.
- Founding member of first event in spring 2017.
- Event had an annual budget of $15,000 and an average of 175 student attendees.
- Personally cordinated sponsorships from leading teach companies such as Facebook, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and more.
- Played crucial organizational and leadership roles over three additional HackWITus events:
- Lead student organizing team
- Recruited company sponsorships
- Executed main event
- Coordinated transfer of leadership and continued to mentor the organizing team post-graduation during the fall of 2019.
View of the Matterhorn
Tunnel View Perspective
Yosemite National Park, California, USA
View of Nordkette Klettersteig and Kemacher Peak
Messages are always welcome at email@example.com. Other ways to get in contact is through social media such as Twitter (@ArrowoodTech) and LinkedIn (ethan-arrowood).
I work asynchronously. This means my schedule is dynamic and I may not respond right away or during normal working hours. Thus, I do not expect you to read or respond to my messages outside of your own schedule either.